If sore or aching hips keep you awake at night, it might be time to invest in a brand-new mattress. It's imperative that you take care of your sleep health because it has a domino effect on pretty much every other aspect of your well-being. When pain prevents you from getting a peaceful night's sleep, you shouldn't hesitate to make a change. The Miranda mattress from GelFoamBed is the perfect solution for individuals suffering from hip pain — read on to find out why.
What Is the Miranda Cool Gel Memory Foam Mattress?
One of the most important factors when it comes to hip support is mattress firmness. In most cases, a medium mattress provides the ideal balance between support and comfort for people with pelvic pain.
The Miranda Halcyon Foam mattress is that perfect Goldilocks medium-soft mattress. Not only that, but it's entirely free from uncomfortable, potentially pain-exacerbating springs and coils. It's 12 inches tall and features five layers of carefully crafted foam, each with its own unique benefit:
- 1.5 inches of gel-infused foam for unparalleled coolness and comfort
- 3 inches of innovative Halcyon Foam, featuring billions of air pockets for a blissful night of rest
- 1 inch of Firm Eco Flex Foam provides support where it's needed most
- 1 inch of Soft Eco Flex Foam helps to ensure weight is evenly distributed
- 5.5-inch future-friendly Eco Flex Support Core forms the solid base
Why Do My Hips Hurt More at Night?
For most people, long periods of inactivity can lead to stiffness and discomfort, especially when there are underlying health conditions. At night, you're usually lying down inert for at least six hours, which is why waking up in the morning is often the hardest time. Your sleeping position could even be contributing to pain in your hips.
If your mattress is too firm, is too soft or has uncomfortable springs that dig into you, it could also be making the situation worse.
Is My Current Mattress Causing Hip Pain?
While it's unlikely that your mattress is the root cause of your hip pain, it can certainly contribute to making it worse. If you've got an old-style mattress, especially one with springs and a thin comfort layer, it could be adding to the discomfort you experience overnight. As such, it's vital that you choose carefully the next time you're ready to buy a new mattress.
Selecting a medium-soft, all-foam mattress made in the USA like the Miranda is the best way to defend yourself from pain at night.
The Most Common Causes of Hip Pain
We use our hip joints constantly, which means there are lots of opportunities for things to go wrong! Some of the most common causes of hip pain include:
- Sprained tendons or muscles
- Dislocated joint
- Inflamed ligament
- Hamstring injuries
- Inflamed joints
- Reduced blood flow
How to Sleep to Relieve Hip Pain
You might be surprised to know how much impact your sleeping position can have on the pain you experience in and around the hip area.
Side sleeping has an array of health benefits, helping to maintain the correct alignment of the spine and ensuring correct circulation. However, if your hips are a source of pain, sleeping on your side might be a bad idea. Due to the fact that you might be increasing the pressure on your pelvic area, it might be a good idea to sleep with a pillow between your knees.
An all-foam mattress like the Halcyon Miranda Mattress gently molds to the shape of your body — without giving you that sinking feeling. It provides just the right amount of pressure relief and cushioning for your hip joints.
Sleeping on your back is perhaps the best all-around position for your overall well-being and hip joints. Your spine, pelvis and neck are all in alignment when you sleep on your back — so all your weight is evenly distributed and no unnecessary pressure is put on your hips. It's still important that you don't have springs or an old mattress that could potentially make the situation worse.
Stomach sleeping is perhaps the worst position for hip health. As they press into the mattress in this position — with all your weight on top — you're putting a strain on your pelvis and lower back. Miranda cool gel memory foam mattresses give you just the right amount of support while feeling heavenly soft.
Tips for Easing Hip Pain
Here are some bonus tips to help you deal with hip pain in your general daily life:
- Avoid remaining in the same position for prolonged periods.
- A physiotherapist can help you strengthen the muscles supporting your hip joints.
- Wear comfortable, flat shoes.
- Do low-impact workouts like swimming and walking.
- Make sure you do a warm-up before a workout and a cool-down afterward.
- Lose weight if you're carrying a few extra pounds.
Can You Get Miranda RV Memory Foam Mattresses?
At GelFoamBed, we now offer all of our superior Halcyon foam mattresses for RVs, including the Mirand mattress. With us, you can sleep like a queen or king and relieve hip pain at an affordable price.
More Advantages of a Miranda Cool Gel Memory Foam Mattress
The Miranda gel foam bed will do much more for you than relieving hip pain alone. More reasons to love this mattress include:
- It's a true medium: You'll gently sink through the plush top layer and experience the support and cooling action of the Halcyon Foam. Most of our customers report that the Miranda has a true medium feel.
- You get ultimate control over motion: The multiple layers of foam minimize motion transfer and absorb vibration. This means you won't get bounced around the bed by movement caused by partners, pets or kids.
- Stay cool and comfy: Traditional memory foam entirely consumes the sleeper, which can make the experience stuffy. If you don't like that overt sinking feeling, the Miranda is ideal. The cooling gel also helps to prevent overheating for a cozy but breathable night of undisturbed rest.
Get Your Miranda Halcyon Foam Mattress Today
If you're ready to relieve the pressure on your hips and sleep better than you've ever dreamed of, get a Miranda mattress from GelFoamBed today.