Essential oils have a lot of uses, but one of the most important ones is helping you get a good night's sleep. If you're having trouble falling asleep or staying asleep, try diffusing some essential oil in your bedroom before going to bed. Here are six essential oils that can help promote better sleep:
If you're looking for a way to relax and get ready for bed, lavender oil is the way to go. Lavender oil has been shown to help people fall asleep faster and stay asleep longer by reducing stress and anxiety. You can use it with other essential oils in your diffuser or put a few drops on your pillowcase before going to sleep (be careful not to spill any!).
In addition, lavender has been found effective in helping people who suffer from insomnia due to stress or anxiety issues fall asleep faster so they can get some much-needed restful shut eye!
Chamomile is a calming and sedative herb that can help relieve stress, anxiety, and insomnia. It's also been shown to be effective in treating depression.
There are several ways you can use chamomile essential oil:
- In a diffuser - add 1-2 drops of chamomile essential oil to your diffuser when you go to bed. This will help you fall asleep faster as well as stay asleep longer throughout the night!
- In a bath - add 5 drops of chamomile essential oil into your bath water before getting in for 20 minutes (or until the water gets cold). This will relax your body and mind so that it's easier for both parts of yourself to rest peacefully together!
- Topically - apply diluted drops directly onto skin areas where tension or tightness occurs such as temples/forehead area (for headaches), neck muscles (for tension headaches), shoulders & upper back area (for shoulder pain)
Peppermint oil is a great essential oil for headaches, migraines, and nausea. Peppermint also helps with digestion so it can be used for stomach aches as well as helping with an upset stomach. If you have trouble sleeping or wake up in the middle of the night feeling restless, try a few drops of peppermint on your pillowcase or under your nose before going to bed!
Bergamot is a citrus fruit that produces an essential oil that's often used in aromatherapy. The oil has a sweet, floral scent and can be found in perfumes, cosmetics, and food.
If you're looking for an essential oil to help you relax before bedtime, Bergamot is worth considering. Research shows that its effects on anxiety may increase with time; this means that if you don't notice any changes right away (or if they aren't strong enough), give it some time before deciding whether this specific oil works for you.
Sandalwood is a great oil to use before bed. If you have trouble falling asleep and staying asleep, sandalwood can help. It's also great for meditation, stress relief and anxiety relief--all things that can interfere with a good night's rest!
Use these oils before bed to help you sleep better.
Once you've decided which oils to use, it's time to get started.
- Place a few drops of essential oil on your pillow. The scent will help relax you as you fall asleep and keep you from tossing and turning all night long.
- Add a few drops of essential oil into a bath before bedtime. The warm water combined with the soothing aroma will help soothe frazzled nerves and lull you into slumberland quickly!
- Use an inhaler containing one or more of these scents if they're safe for inhalation (i.e., not peppermint). This method is especially effective when used with lavender since it can relieve stress-related headaches that may be keeping your head from resting easy at night."
If you're looking for a natural way to get a better night's sleep, essential oils are an excellent choice. They can be used for aromatherapy purposes or added to your bathwater before bedtime. If you don't have any essential oils on hand, consider purchasing some today!